Gunderson's 48' all-purpose well car was introduced into service in 1993. The car was a design extension of previous well cars that carried containers only. The all-purpose feature meant that it could carry either containers or trailers giving it greater versatility for intermodal trains. The height of the sides are lower than previous container-only well cars to allow trailers to clear while being loaded into the car by lift equipment. This design also featured two hitches for transporting two 28-foot trailers.
- Improved body tooling since 1st run
- Fewer customer-installed parts
- Floor with correct ovals and cut-outs.
- Two hitches
- Etched walkways
- Four IBC bins.
- Detailed brake components
- Prototypically accurate paint schemes
- Recommended 24" radius